Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions… Have you made one???

Hey All,

  Hope all people had a wonderful and an awesome year. Whatever it may be now it’s time to start life all new, afresh and in the finest promising way we can.
Cheers to a new year and another chance
for us to get it right.-Oprah Winfrey
  Let me ask all of you a question have you envisioned how will be your new year.
  Not only 1st Jan 2013 but all the wonderful days ahead. Yes, I am talking about your New Year resolution!!
  I comprehend some of you must be wondering why I am probing this when obviously resolutions are something which we use to make in childhood because this word somehow fancied us and that time it used to be a status symbol, a thing to flaunt; expressing your resolution in front of our friends saying,  “My new Year resolution is Bla..Bla…Bla”
  And now as we are matured we are so virtuous and responsible that we forget the resolution along with the hangover we get on 31st Dec midnight.
  Huh, that is sarcastic!!!
  I was searching in word web to understand the exact definition of the word “RESOLUTION”
  The results were-
1.     Finding a solution to a problem
2.    Something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making
3.    Analysis into clear-cut components
  So, it means that resolution is something which tends to give us the result or decision. Indeed it is such a nice word to think about on the last day of the year before starting our new life in New Year.
  Hence I will put it this way- What’s your Idea of finding a solution to your problems or weaknesses?
  As William Thomas quoted,” It wouldn't be New Year's if I didn't have regrets.”
  I will start with mine. My Resolution will be-
1.     Enjoying life to the core. No, No philosophy here. Just by feeling happiness in mere acts and small things which I ignored this time.
2.    Taking my hobby more seriously.
3.    This one is a bit funny. Eating more and more of chocolates.:)
  So folks please remember Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.
  Thanks to all my readers and people who have motivated and inspired me to become the person I am.
  Signing off, do pour in your resolutions and the way you are planning to celebrate this year.
Have a Blasting Year Ahead!!!
Cheers,
Himani

4 comments:

  1. Resolutions just doesn't work for me :)

    Wishing U and UR family a very Happy New Year!

    Regards,
    Jahid
    Flashbacks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :)
      Thankyou and wish you the same.Have a great New Year!!!

      Delete
  2. I always make resolution and this time I will try to abide by what I am making for the last 4 years, loosing weight...:(

    Happy New Year Himani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot and same to you...:)

      That's indeed a nice resolution. Thanks for sharing..:)

      Delete